The NSW Office of Sport has advised that golf is considered an activity that can continue to be played in line with “Public Health Orders relating to public gathering limits, social distancing, and the elderly.” They have also advised that “people are allowed to leave their homes for the purpose of exercise”.
Due to this, Bingara Gorge Golf Course will re-open, effective as of tomorrow, 2nd of April 2020 at 8am. As per previous advice, strict social distancing rules must be adhered to and can be seen below;
1. The golf team hours will be reduced where only a single team member will be on site from 8:00am to 4:00pm 7 days a week. With two people in any gathering, this means one person in the golf shop at a time with a staff member. Please wait at the door to be called in.
2. Groups of two players maximum, unless all players are from the same household (max 4), whilst maintaining social distancing. Time sheets have been modified and are reflective of groups of 2. All golf bookings are essential.
3. Cart hire will not be offered to golfers. Walking is permissible. Resident privately owned carts are still allowed to be used on the course, following one person per cart only rules in place for non-household members. Following the updated guidelines, members of the same household may travel in a cart together maintaining the two-person rule.
4. Club hire will not be offered to golfers.
5. Competition golf will not be offered. Social golf is still available 7 days a week during the reduced operating hours.
6. Golf shop café – The golf shop café is currently open daily for takeaway coffee and basic beverage and snack items only, within the adjusted hours.
Please call the golf shop before entering any part of the golf course, as disruptions to normal activity may be in place. Calling ahead also helps us mange where people are at particular times and will assist in spreading people out as best we can.
We look forward to seeing you on the course soon.