Halloween at Bingara Gorge
Halloween may be a bit different this year with covid-19 restrictions in place. As well as some general Halloween Etiquette guides from various Australian articles we have also sought advice from NSW Health to assist in keeping residents safe.
- Have some decorations or display a sign to let trick or treaters know they are welcome visit you, you can download your trick or treaters welcome sign here;
- If a household has a sign saying ‘No Trick or Treaters’, please be respectful and leave that property;
- Both pedestrians and driver should be reminded of general street safety, and both should take extra care on the night. While cars may have right of way on the roads, fun costumes may make it hard for children to see clearly when crossing;
A lot of young families reside in Bingara Gorge, with this in mind a good general timeline for trick or treating may be around 4:30pm to 7:30pm for both little and bigger trick or treaters.
NSW Health recommends:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 this Halloween, stay home and give trick-or-treating a miss this year. Get tested immediately;
- Keep it local by staying in your suburb rather than going to well-known “treat streets” that attract crowds;
- Celebrate outside, don’t go to people’s front door;
- Stay in small household groups (for example a supervising adult and children from the same household) rather than groups of young people together. Remember, no more than 20 people can gather outside in a public place;
- Stay 1.5 meters away from people you don’t live with;
- Only take treats that are individually wrapped;
- Use a disposable bag to collect your treats, and dispose of it appropriately afterwards;
- Don’t share your treats with others from different households;
- Don’t share costumes or costume face masks;
- Carry hand sanitizer with you and use it often, especially after touching common surfaces.
The NSW Heath recommendations provided above were published on Sunday 11 October 2020 can be found here.
We hope everyone has a safe and Spooktacular Halloween!